Character Bible Outline
1. What is your full name? What name do you go by?
2. Do you have any other nicknames? Where did they come from?
3. What is your age?
4. What is your birthday?
5. Where are you from?
6. Where are you living now?
1. Approximate height?
2. Approximate weight?
3. Hair color?
4. Eye color?
5. Skin color?
6. Body type/build?
7. Other defining physical characteristics (i.e. scars, tattoos, birthmarks, etc.)
8. Your most attractive physical features?
9. Your most unattractive physical features?
10. How do you dress most of the time?
11. How do you "dress up"?
12. How do you "dress down"?
13. What do you wear when you sleep?
14. What is your hairstyle?
15. Do you wear any jewelry? Do you have any piercings?
16. What do you smell like? Do you wear perfume/cologne?
17. What is your voice like? (i.e. soprano/alto, tenor/bass) Do you have an accent?
1. What is your motivation for your cause? Why are you doing what you're doing?
2. What is your short-term goal?
3. What is your long-term goal?
4. What about you is heroic?
5. What about you is villainous, or at least unheroic?
6. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
7. Of what benefit could you be to the current group/situation?
8. For what reason did you join the current group/situation?
9. Do you have a secret?
10. What is your biggest hindrance to the group/situation?
11. What is your greatest fear?
12. Who do you hate most?
1. Who are your parents; biologically and socially?
2. What was your relationship with your parents like?
3. What was your parents' marriage like?
4. What were your siblings like? Did you get along with them?
5. What role did you naturally have in your family?
6. Were you close to your extended family members?
7. What has happened to your family? What is it like lately?
8. How much education have you had? How was your educational experience?
9. Has anyone that you've ever cared about died? How did it affect you?
10. What was the worst injury you've ever gotten?
11. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? What happened?
12. When was the happiest time of your life?
13. What is your greatest regret?
14. Best memory?
15. Worst memory?
1. Where did you grow up? Describe it.
2. What were you like as a child?
3. What is your first memory?
4. What were you afraid of as a child?
5. Who was your best childhood friend?
6. Was your childhood generally happy or sad?
1. What was your high school experience like? Good/bad?
2. What was your favorite class in high school?
3. In high school, what "clique" would you most likely fall into?
4. How social were you in high school?
5. What was your first date?
6. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends?
7. Who was your best friend as a teenager?
8. Were you ever bullied?
9. What were your views on authority as a teenager?
10. What were your high school goals and dreams?
11. Were you a good student? What were your grades/test scores like?
1. What is your past work experience? Have you had many jobs?
2. Do you have a job now? What is it? Do you like it?
3. What is your boss like? What are your coworkers like?
4. What is your normal work setting like?
5. If you don't have a job, where does your money come from?
6. What would your dream job be?
7. Do you tend to spend or save money?
8. How wealthy are you?
9. If you were to get an extremely large sum of money, what would you do with it?
1. Favorite color?
2. Favorite food?
3. Favorite animal?
4. Favorite dessert?
5. Favorite drink?
6. Favorite candy?
7. Are you a tea/coffee drinker? How do you take it?
8. Do you drink alcohol?
9. Do you smoke?
10. Do you do any other drugs?
11. Pick one: sweet, sour, spicy, salty, sour, or bitter.
12. What do you do when you're bored?
13. What are your hobbies?
14. What kinds of music do you listen to?
15. Favorite musician?
16. Favorite song?
17. How much TV do you watch?
18. Favorite movie?
19. Favorite book?
20. Favorite TV show?
21. Are you neat or disorganized?
22. Do you care about politics? What are your political views?
23. What annoys you? What are your pet peeves?
24. Favorite time of the day?
25. Favorite season?
26. Favorite weather?
27. What do you do to relax yourself?
Day to Day
1. Describe the place where you live.
2. Is the place where you live clean or messy?
3. Do you live with anyone else?
4. Do you have children? What are they like? Are you close?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. What language do you speak? How many languages can you speak?
7. What is the community around you like?
8. What stores do you shop at?
9. How long does it take you to get ready for the day?
10. What kinds of beauty products do you use?
11. What is in your refrigerator right now?
12. What is on your bedroom floor?
13. What do you keep on your nightstand (if you have one)?
14. What is your normal mode of transportation?
15. How good with directions are you? Can you navigate your local area?
16. What is in your pockets right now?
17. What is in your purse/backpack/briefcase/wallet right now?
18. What would you never leave home without?
19. Are you good with technology?
20. What would you typically eat for breakfast?
21. Do you go grocery shopping by yourself?
22. Do you know the price of a gallon of milk?
23. Can you fix a flat tire?
24. Can you bake a cake?
25. Can you do your own taxes?
26. How fast can you run?
27. Do you sleep on your side, back, or stomach?
28. Do you work better with sound or in silence?
29. What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up?
1. What is the single most important thing in your life right now?
2. Do you have any phobias?
3. What is your motto?
4. What is your most treasured possession?
5. What is your greatest achievement so far?
6. What is your greatest talent?
7. Who do you admire most?
8. What animal are you most like?
1. What is your opinion of yourself?
2. What is your temperament/demeanor like?
3. Sense of humor.
4. Strongest positive personality trait?
5. Strongest negative personality trait?
6. How social are you?
7. Five words to describe yourself.
8. Five words other people would use to describe you.
9. What is your typical mood?
10. Do strangers and acquaintances like you upon first meeting you?
11. Any personality "quirks".
12. What habits do you have? Bad/good?
13. What words/phrases do you use a lot?
14. What things do you like about yourself?
15. What things do you dislike about yourself?
16. How self-confident are you?
17. Are you a better leader or follower?
18. How often do you cry?
19. How private are you?
20. Are you good with children?
21. How do you deal with change?
22. How confrontational are you?
23. Are you careful or reckless?
1. Sexual orientation?
2. Have you ever kissed? Had sex?
3. Do you have a significant other? Describe that relationship.
4. Describe your "type".
5. Do you fall in love easily? Fall out of love easily?
6. How many romantic relationships have you had? Short or long term?
7. Have you ever had a broken heart?
8. How close to your family are you currently? How often do you see them?
9. Do you make friends easily?
10. Describe your best friend(s).
11. Where do you go to hang out with your friends?
12. Where do you go on dates/to be with your significant other?
13. What qualities do you value most in a significant other?
14. What qualities do you value most in friends?
15. Describe your beliefs/policies about sex.
16. Who do you argue with most? Who do you get along with best?
2. Attitude towards religion?
3. Do you believe in God/a higher power?
4. Do you believe in an afterlife? Heaven and Hell?
5. What do you consider to be the most overrated virtue?
6. Which virtue(s) do you struggle with?
7. How honest are you? On what occasions do you choose to lie?
8. What have you done that you are most ashamed of?
9. Are you superstitious?
10. What things do you feel most strongly about?
11. What things do you generally not care much about?
12. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why/why not?
13. Could you kill someone? In self-defense? Defending someone you love?
14. What is your responsibility to the world? Why do you think that?
15. Do you think redemption is possible? How?
16. Do you believe in coincidence?
17. How respectful towards others' beliefs are you?
1. Why should the audience care about this character?
2. What is the the character's ultimate motivation in the plot?
3. What is the character's greatest conflict in the plot?
4. How does your character change/evolve within the plot?